ODIN Forvaltning AS is one of the biggest fund managers in Norway. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SpareBank 1 Gruppen AS. ODIN Forvaltning currently has offices in Oslo, Stockholm, Gothenburg and Helsinki. Our unit trusts are approved for distribution in Norway, Sweden, Finland and the Netherlands. Our money market and bond funds and our balanced funds are marketed and distributed in Norway.
ODIN was founded in 1990 with the name of Independent Fund Management. Our aim was to offer the management of unit trusts in the Nordic countries based on long-term, value-oriented management. Our index-independent and value-based investment philosophy was the basis for our business idea, and continues to govern how we invest.
Read more about ODIN’s investment philosophy here
To emphasise our Nordic heritage, we changed our name to ODIN Forvaltning AS in 1992. Our logo consists of Odin’s eye encircling Sleipner – his eight-legged horse. Our logo and name reflect our Nordic heritage – a strong culture we are proud of. These are the foundations for what we do and how we do it. We work to ensure that unit holders can face the future well prepared. Our job is to create value for the future.
Vision and values
Our vision is: ODIN creates value for the future. Value creation is what we work with at all levels within the organisation.
- We create value for our unit holders through good management and advice.
- We create value for our employees through work that gives them personal and professional development.
- We create value for our owners through good results.
Our values are what support our vision. There are four positive words that help shape all of us working at ODIN, not to mention building the company’s identity and brand:
- Value-creating – we shall give good returns over time.
- Competent – we shall have the best know-how and quality at all levels of the organisation.
- Customer-oriented – we shall understand and meet the expectations of our unit holders.
- Engaged – we shall work towards a common goal, providing a service in line with what is expected of us.